The National Shoora Council (NSC), is the parent Consultative body of a congregate of several Muslim organizations. It is engaged in providing guidelines, directions and advice to the member organizations on a variety of matters of national and social interest including those of the Muslim community.
The NSC is looking to recruit a dynamic person who corresponds to the requirements below to the Position of Program Co-ordinator.
Position : Program Coordinator (PC)
He will be a self motivated and detail oriented person with good organisational and time management skills. Able to manage competing priorities, multi tasking and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to write and maintain high level communication skills.
Position overview :
The PC will be able to work independently. Possess significant experience and skills in communication, planning, organization, interpersonal relationship and public relations. Demonstrate an understanding, commitment to the cause of co-existence, racial and ethnic harmony.
- Possess relevant qualifications, preferably a degree in Sociology, Mass Communication, Management or related field and minimum three years professional experience in the related field/s.
- Proven experience in programme co-ordination, implementation and monitoring. Ability to control program activities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English and Sinhala languages. Fair knowledge of the Tamil language.
Key responsibilities :
- Support subcommittees to identify, formulate and develop programs/projects in collaboration with the member organizations
- Coordinate information / resource sharing with member organizations, subject matter experts and individuals.
- Monitor progress of the project/programs and submit periodical reports as required by the EXCO.
- Network with organizations, including member organizations, government departments, private sector organizations, NGOs and individuals as relevant.
- Program Coordinator will carry out the following routine task with regards to project implementation.
- Assure achievement of results of the projects and programs of NSC by making sure effective use of resources, timely completion and quality of outcome produced.
- Liaise with the heads of sub committees/members of secretariats in order to obtain updated information on project progress.
- Assist in Convening / facilitating program/ project meetings as an when necessary and be in charge of documenting the outcomes of such meetings
- Assist in organizing and conducting special sessions such as review / learning sessions with regard to the project programs of NSC
- Maintain all information – reports/ databases/ publications and articles with regards to each of the projects/ programs in a proper and easily accessible manner
- Build rapport with necessary government /private sector institutions, NGOs and departments associated to the projects/ programs of the NSC.
- Team working and helping the Admin Officer and Media/ Coexistence Officers to achieve the goals of NSC and to assure smooth operations.